What benefits can you receive from tapping into your masculine energy? Do you have dreams of joining the corporate world? Can you draw from your ingrained skills to boost you in any career?
In this podcast episode, I speak with Michele Ashby about how to get just about everything you want.
Meet Michele Ashby
Michele Ashby started a non-profit to raise funds and awareness for Ewing’s Sarcoma in memory of her daughter, Dani. She’s an author and a former ultra-athlete and was named one of the Top 25 Most Powerful Women in Colorado. Today, her focus is on educating, supporting, and teaching other women how to attain corporate board positions.
In This Podcast
- How women can start becoming involved in the corporate world?
- How can women utilize their ingrained skills?
- Time is going to pass you by regardless, so why not try?
How women can start becoming involved in the corporate world?
- Are you a leader? Do you like being in charge and shouldering important responsibilities? Are you good at explaining to people what needs to get done and encouraging them to do it? If the answer is yes then you’re already on the right track.
- “Get that street cred”: Get into it, educate yourself and gather firsthand experience while learning the theory.
You got to get in there and plough through and you’re going to make mistakes, it’s not going to be perfect and that’s okay. You’re going to learn all along the way but aspire to be in those roles and then start talking about it. (Michele Ashby)
- Ask the necessary questions: Ask for advice and guidance from people you follow and who mentor you, and ask yourself the hard questions too: why am I not there yet? What can I do different to reach that goal?
How can women utilize their ingrained skills?
Pay attention, be curious. If you want to grow then you need to say yes. In the first two years of my career, I said yes to everything. Why? Because I didn’t know anything. I needed to get schooled as fast as possible. (Michele Ashby)
If you are in middle management and are looking to scale up in your career, look at how your colleagues are making progress and see what you can do similarly.
If you have contact with someone who is in a role above you that you would like to foster a relationship with, keep in contact with them. Email them and check in with them and offer assistance to show your support and willingness to succeed in the job.
However, be careful not to become a glorified secretary to this person. Try to help them in a way that is going to be on a peer-to-peer level.
You don’t know until you get out there and try. Let’s say you target three potential mentors for yourself, at least one of those will work. (Michele Ashby)
Time is going to pass you by regardless, so why not try?
If you have your hands full now, you will have your hands full with a job as well. Our time expands to fit the business that we create for ourselves, so create yourself your own business.
Prioritize your time. What can you delegate out to free up some energy and space on your daily plate?
Your life goes in phases and stages. There is a time for school and a time for working hard and a time for relaxing and a time for working hard again: when it is the time to do something, give yourself the permission to do it and to do it with guts and bravery.
- Insecurities & Mindreading: How This Almost Ruined Our 21st-Anniversary Trip | EU 52
- Download your FREE workbook HERE – THE 5 MISTAKES TO AVOID FOR A HEALTHY MARRIAGE: TIPS FROM A THERAPIST
- Sign up for the VIP membership
- Join Our Girl Gang
- Empowered And Unapologetic Free Course
Meet Veronica Cisneros
I’m a licensed therapist and women walk into my office every day stressed and disconnected. As a mom of three daughters, I want my girls to know who they are and feel confident about their future. I can’t think of a better way to help other women than by demonstrating an empowered and unapologetic life.
So I started Empowered and Unapologetic to be a safe space for women to be vulnerable and change their lives for the better before she ever needs to see a therapist.
Thanks for listening!
Did you enjoy this podcast? Feel free to share this podcast on social media! You can also leave a review of the Empowered and Unapologetic Podcast on iTunes and subscribe!
Empowered and Unapologetic is part of the Practice of the Practice Podcast Network, a network of podcasts seeking to help you thrive, imperfectly. To hear other podcasts like the Bomb Mom Podcast, Imperfect Thriving, or Beta Male Revolution, go to practiceofthepractice.com/network.